Summer Sessions 2020
We are very excited to announce some new experiences that we are adding to this year's program.
IN STUDIO/IN PERSON Summer Sessions
ONLINE SUMMER WORKSHOPS
ONLINE SUMMER WORKSHOPS
**To be considered for our online workshops, participants must get a recomendation from their instructor or submit a video of them playing (at least a verse and chorus of a song).
Onset's Online Summer Workshops are focused on creating a collaboration video with other musicians while in the comfort of thier own homes. Each class will run for 1 week and meet from 11am to 1pm, Monday -Friday. To help you imagine the finished product...check out a collaboration video that the music teachers at Onset Music put together:
YouTube: Onset Music: Rocket Man by Elton John
Each day will be conducted in an online class room and hosted by an ensemble director. All of our efforts will be geared towards creating a musical collaboration video to show off for our friends + families. In order to complete this task, we will use our time to achieve the following as a team:
- Choose a song to cover (usually the hardest part)
- Arrange the music
- Assign the parts
- Produce the song
- Record the parts
- Direct the video
- Create a band name
- Design a press release photo
-The cost for the entire week is $190 p/musician.
It is going to be a great summer!
IN STUDIO / IN PERSON SUMMER SESSIONS
As in previous years, we will still begin each day with an interactive session before we break into bands for rehearsal. All of our efforts will be geared towards a final performance for our friends + families. Instead of an "in Person" concert, this year our final performance will be in the form of a collabortaion video which are a lot of fun to make. Here is what you can expect from this year's summer sessions:
- Song writing (all members will have a creative contribution to the lyrics and composition of an original song)
- Choosing the right song to cover (part of our show will include a song appropriate for their bands musical interest
- Rehearsing (this happens every day)
- Naming their band (you need to have a band name)
- Posing for band photos (Professional band photos are used for our show's poster and everyone gets a copy)
- Recording our original song (everyone will receive a copy)
- Final performance (final performance will be in the form of a collabortaion video)
-The cost for the entire week is $375 p/musician.
Here are the dates!!
ONLINE (MIDDLE SCHOOL) Collaboration Video
(July 13th- July 17th) Monday - Friday 11am-1pm
ONLINE (HIGH SCHOOL) Collaboration Video
(July 20th - July 24th) Monday - Friday 11am-1pm
ONLINE (MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL) Songwriting
(July 27th - July 31st) Monday - Friday 11am-1pm
IN STUDIO (MIDDLE SCHOOL)
(August 3rd - August 7th) Monday - Friday 9am-1pm
IN STUDIO (4th & 5th Grade)
(August 10th - August 14th) Monday - Friday 9am-1pm
IN STUDIO (HIGH SCHOOL)
(August 17th - August 21st) Monday - Friday 9am-1pm